With huge Portuguese speaking populations in both hemispheres, Lingualinx has had plenty of experience translating Portuguese for clients of all kinds.
A Few Facts about the Portuguese Language:
- Portuguese is a romance language and is it the only official language of Portugal, Brazil, Mozambique, Angola, Cabo Verde, Guinea-Bissau and São Tomé and Príncipe. It is considered a co-official language in East Timor, Equatorial Guinea, and Macau.
- Portuguese has one of the most expansive reaches of any languages, as an official language on 5 continents, however Portuguese has only two dialects used for learning: the European and the Brazilian.
- Portugal is the oldest nation-state in Europe, Portugal’s influence as a colonial power helped spread the Portuguese language all over the globe.
- Brazil is South America’s largest economy and is rapidly approaching the top 5 economies in the world. Portuguese is its primary language, but the dialect is different from European Portuguese.
The Advantages of LinguaLinx Portuguese Translation Services:
- There are significant differences between Brazilian and European Portuguese. Some facets of Brazilian Portuguese do not exist in European Portuguese and can become crucial distinctions when translating any Portuguese documents.
- Standard European Portuguese is typically preferred by Portuguese-speaking African countries. If we are targeting an African market our interpreters are trained to apply the appropriate dialect.
- We utilize professional, in-country, native speaking Portuguese translators to ensure quality and accuracy, for every Portuguese speaking demographic.
Whether we are translating English to Portuguese or Portuguese to English we have the right experts to ensure the best possible product. We are finely tuned to dialects and nuances within both Brazilian and European Portuguese making LinguaLinx the best partner to translate your communications in the way that is most appropriate for your target audience and location.